Alright! Things are starting to look up.
I’ve been really impressed with the Time Fantasy tiles. They’re flexible and easy to edit, and I feel like I’ll be able to create some interesting environments with them. Here’s a test piece that I put together in GIMP (took about half an hour, with no prior planning phase):
I’m definitely more interested in created smaller, more intimate maps in the game I think.
Struggling With Organization
I’m finding that I’m having many of the same issues with this project that I do with work.
- I’m incredibly worried about efficiency.
- I spend copious amounts of time mulling over how to efficiently tackle tasks.
- I fail to execute because I’m overwhelmed .
- Nothing gets done, two hours go by because I try to do multiple things at once.
- I panic, rather than pushing through one task at a time, which is more helpful in the long run.
With the game, there are certainly things that I prefer to be doing over others, but I need to work on prioritizing tasks to make each successive task easier, so that I don’t have to backtrack.
That’s all for now. I’ll be doing more work over the weekend, so stay tuned for another update.